Saturday, December 10, 2011
John Frieda Styling Tools by Conair Holiday Event
On November 30th I stopped by the John Frieda by Conair holiday event at Bryant Park's Celsius Lounge. Conair hair stylists provided complimentary blowouts and hair styling, while Cuisinart provided snacks and hot beverages.
The event featured the unveiling of a one-of-a-kind eight-foot tall holiday tree adorned with John Frieda Styling Tools, custom decorated by Erin Gates, author of the wildly popular design blog, Elements of Style. After the event, all tools were donated to Safe Horizon to help support victims of domestic violence.
During the event I previewed the Spiral Curls heat styler (Model JFC11) by John Frieda, featuring exclusive ionic frizz-fighting technology and true ceramic heat with LCD temperature control. The Spiral Curls styler heats up in 30 seconds, with a temperature up to 400F/205C and has auto shut off.
For face-framing modern curls, be sure to roll sections inward. For a retro-fifties look, roll sections outwards and tousle with fingertips.
The Spiral Curls styler retails for $39.99, exclusively at Walgreens.
Also, check out these John Frieda styling brushes by Conair, currently available at Rite Aid. Look for these brushes at CVS, Walgreens, Kmart and Duane Reade in 2012!
- John Frieda® Paddle Brush Sleek Finish, $12.99, smooths fly-aways and reduces frizz
- John Frieda® Cushion Brush Sleek Finish, $12.99, gently untangles wet or dry hair
- John Frieda® Vent Brush Sleek Finish, $12.99, maximizes dryer airflow for rapid styling
- John Frieda® Porcupine Round Brush Volume Curls, $12.99/$14.99, distributes the scalp's natural oils for added shine and smoothness, available in small and medium size
- John Frieda® Large Thermal Round Brush Full Volume, $14.99, creates soft waves
- John Frieda® Small Curl Nylon Round Brush Volume Curls, $14.99, styles soft, voluminous curls
- Kim Weling