At the Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016 show at Skylight at Clarkson Square at New York Fashion Week, I previewed the hair and makeup looks backstage with Giannandrea, Lead Stylist for Macadamia Professional and Sarah Lucero, Global Executive Director of Creative Artistry at Stila.
One of my favorite hair looks I saw on the runway this season is the back knot. Check out these steps to recreate this look at home:
1. Slightly damp hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer through the roots to the ends.
2. Section hair from the top of head to ears, combing down from the part. Take back, large sections and dry with a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
3.Apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray onto dried hair.
4. Use a straightener to go through both the front and back sections.
5. Take back the section and make a tight ponytail at the nape using the paddle brush. Secure ponytail with elastic using pins. Then , secure the weft of extensions onto the elastic.
6, Take a small section of the weft to hold aside.
7. With remaining hair, create a loose loop and secure with another elastic.
8. Wrap the remaining small section of loose hair around the elastic, securing it with a pin and spray the Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray for lasting placement.
For the Urban Base makeup trend, Sarah Lucero used "warm combinations of shadow under the eye keeping the colors rich, while shading the inner rim with our onyx Kajal for a polished look."
Stila's makeup look for Nicholas K Spring/Summer 2016:
1. Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer
2. Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo
3. Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette - Spirit
4. Convertible Color in Camellia
5. Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx
6. Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color
7. Stay All Day Liquid Lip Set
- Kim Weling
Post a Comment