Backstage at Zang Toi Spring 2016 at Skylight at Moynihan Station at New York Fashion Week, Lead Stylist for Macadamia Professional, Eiji Yamane created the hair looks for the show, along with makeup by BeautybyRudy for Ubati and manicures by Lead Manicurist for Zoya Nail Polish, Cinnamon Bowser.
For the Greek Isles inspired "Splendor of Santorini" collection, Eiji Yamane created the "Straight and Narrow" hairstyle with a distinct center part and long, sleek, shiny locks. Follow these steps to create this hair look at home:
1. Slightly dampen hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head and evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion through the root to the ends.
2. Take back large sections and blow dry with a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
3. In one inch sections, run a flat iron to straighten all hair and then apply Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray to create a sleek, lustrous effect.
4. To add fullness and length, clip on extensions starting just behind the top of one ear, moving across the back of the head until you reach the same spot behind the other ear.
5. Once extensions are in place, gather large sections and run a straightener through one last time to blend the real hair and extensions together.
6. Spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist to boost shine and finish with a touch of the Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to tame flyaways and provide light hold.
Master Makeup Artist, Rudy Miles created a fresh yet sophisticated look for the show. Here's how to get the look:
Apply Pore Minimizing Face Primer to a clean face to help create an even, smooth canvas, without adding oiliness to the skin.
Apply Pure Radiance Liquid Foundation to the face for a healthy, hydrated, radiant skin finish. Layer Defining Foundation Stick in appropriate shade for more coverage, as needed, to even the skin. Highlight high on the cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose with Defining Foundation Stick in Luminizer. Set foundation by lightly powdering with Illuminating Baked Powder.
Apply Long lasting Eye Primer to entire lid for a crease resistant, long lasting wear. Apply Multi-Reflective Metallic Shadow in Sandy Peach from lash line to a fade ablove the crease. Line entire upper lash line and outer 2/3rds of lower lash line with Defining Gel Eye Liner in Splendor, then extend line as cat eye at outer corner. Set & intensify Liner with True Matte Eye Shadow in Midnight Blue.
Softly enhance & groom brows using Brow Perfecting Balm.
Apply 2 to 3 coats of Keratin-Infused Waterproof Mascara in Black.
Contour the cheeks lightly with Bronze Baked Powder in Fiji. Add radiance high on the cheekbones using Illuminating Baked Powder in Satin Glow.
Add shine to lips with V.I.P. Gloss in Santorini.
Lead Manicurist for Zoya Nail Polish, Cinnamon Bowser, takes us through the midnight blue nail shade created for Zang Toi Spring 2016
Zang Toi right before his Spring 2016 fashion show
- Kim Weling