There's still time to get your last-minute holiday gifts, and maybe even more time if you aren't seeing certain friends and family until after Christmas. I recently took a trip to the e.l.f. Cosmetics shop at 741 Broadway in NoHo to preview their holiday assortment and a peek at their new launches for 2016.
While picking up e.l.f. Cosmetics gifts (especially for my nieces who love the brand) it was hard not to get some new items for myself! Here's a list of my top 10 holiday favorites:
- All About Eyes 32 color eyeshadow palette: This is at the top of my gifting list! Not only does it come with a mix of neutral and bold color shades, it also comes with an eyelid primer and eyeliner and eyeliner brushes.
- Made for Matte lip color set: 4 matte lip colors for when you want to go bold and make your lips stand out.
- Beautiful Brows eyebrow kit: Whether you are looking to shape your own eyebrows or just maintain them, this kit has everything you need, including 4 reusable stencils, 2 eyebrow powder shades, 1 eyebrow defining wax and 1 dual-ended brow & pencil brush.
- Lip Exfoliator in Sweet Cherry: I love that this exfoliator takes a lipstick form, which is easy to thrown in your purse and apply when needed, or right before applying lipstick or gloss. It also a perfect stocking stuffer!
- Lip Color Remover: This is another useful product that I didn't have previously! I can't tell you how many times I have decided on a lip color for the day just to change my mind and wipe it off. This will especially come in handy for removing those pigmented lipsticks and lip stains.
- Foundation Serum: This is a gift you should get for yourself! A friend recommended this to me and I love the light coverage and that it is formulated with SPF 25 sunscreen. It doesn't even feel like you are wearing a foundation - it's more like a tinted moisturizer.
- Maximum Coverage Concealer: Concealer is one product I can't live without, since I always need to cover up my lack of sleep! I am always splurging on concealers but I'm hoping I won't have to anymore with this one! This highly pigmented formula blends perfectly with my skin tone and is also oil free.
- Daily Brush Cleaner: This is something everyone needs! I must admit, I don't clean my makeup brushes as often as I should but intend to now that I have this anti-bacterial cleanser.
- Mattifying Blotting Papers: My My t-zone always gets shiny so these blotting papers come in handy, especially before snapping any selfies or pics. The blotting papers are infused with translucent powder to help matify skin and absorb oil without affecting your makeup. The unique sponge applicator makes touch-ups super-easy.
- Kohl Eyeliner: Whether it's my nieces or my mom, they are always asking me for eyeliner! I can't blame them - it's a product I use daily to make my eyes stand out. I also love creating a smoky eye so this eyeliner is perfect for that look. It glides on easily and can be used as a liner or eyeshadow. An added bonus - there's a sharpener right on the cap so it's perfect for your cosmetic bag!
If you aren't familiar with e.l.f. Cosmetics you'll find that there are a variety of options for each product, whether it's an eyeliner, mascara, foundation or concealer. There's a lot to choose from so you can really experiment and see which products are best suited to you. It's also incredibly affordable! Many of the stocking stuffers I picked up are between $3-$5 - you can't beat that price!
To wrap up this post, here's a look at what will be coming soon for Spring 2016, including a Hydrating Gel Melt Cleanser, Hydrating Bubble Mask (I'm most excited about this one!), an applicator for applying the mask, facial roller massager, and new palettes!
- Kim Weling