La Maison du Chocolat is my go-to for luxury chocolates with new chocolate indulgences just in time for Valentine's Day. Sure to be a favorite this season are the gorgeous Floral Chocolates available in coffrets with 4, 8, 15, or 24 chocolates from $18-$78.
Floral flavors include:
- Woody Jasmine - Crispness of dark chocolate caramel ganache enhanced with a subtle infusion of jasmine.
- Caramelized Sunflower: Crunchy center of a luscious praliné with caramelized sunflower seeds.
- Acidulous Violet: Dark chocolate ganache with acidulous notes of violets and red fruits.
- Vanilla Fleur de Sel: duo of dark chocolate ganache with vanilla from the Comoros and an almond praliné with fleur de sel.
- Fleur de Cacao: Plain chocolate ganache from Madagascar with notes of black fruits and roasted cacao beans.
I'd also recommend the 16-piece Assorted Pralinés ($39) which includes Traviata, Pistachio, Palmira, Figaro Noir, Figaro Lait and Carya in milk and dark chocolate and the Coffret Rochers, elegantly packaged in a round gift box of 20 Rochers - milk and dark chocolate pralinés ($44).
I recently sampled the box of the Assorted Pralinés and was trying not to eat the entire box in one sitting! I love how unique each flavor is and I love the texture of the Carya - milk chocolate praliné with slivers of caramelized pecans. Check out some other Valentine's Day gifts at lamaisonduchocolat.com.
- Kim Weling