The Spa Week Spring 2010 Media Party was held at the Prince George Ballroom, on March 8th. I had just gotten back from CA the day before - when I made my travel arrangements, I made sure I was back in time!
I wish I could have gotten there earlier, as appointments had booked up in a flash. Spa Chicks On-The-Go were giving hand massages and energy readings, but were completely booked. I was able to get my eyebrows waxed by Feline Day Spa. They did an incredible job shaping my brows! Next I got a scalp, shoulder and neck massage by Caudalie. Elle was my massage therapist. The treatment was so relaxing - I love the Caudalie beauty elixir that Elle sprayed on my hair and face.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to stay for the next available appointment at Bare Escentuals, who was providing makeovers. I haven't tried it yet but the bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation is supposed to feel weightless and natural, with flawless coverage.
I had stopped by Flame Deal Events & Catering while they were in between samplings. They did have some tasty looking sauces, including sriracha, garlic chili paste, soy sauce, citrus ponzu, sweet chili sauce and hot oil. I haven't tried it yet but I did get a jar with fresh herbs sauce.
As for sweets, The Wedding Channel sampled mini cupcakes and let's not forget the chocolate fondue fountain on hand to dip pretzels, marshmallows, strawberries and bananas in.
My last stop was to see what Dove Deodorant was up to. They had fully-booked appointments for "Piticures", a spa treatment for your armpits. I found the Light Radiance PitiTini (made with lemonade, sparkling water and fresh lemons absolutely refreshing and hydrating. I really enjoyed the underarm skincare tips from Dr. Debra Luftman that were spread out in the Dove lounge.
Here are a few of the tips I saw:
- Did you know that shaving reduces the top layer of skin by 20 percent? Dove Ultimate Beauty Care deodorant contains a tri-moisturizing system that soothes shaving irritation and helps replenish delicate underarm skin.
- Ladies, don't keep razors in the shower! They can become bredding grounds for bacteria and lead to shaving irritation and infection.
- Don't sweat it! Dove Deodorant delivers outstanding skincare benefits while providing 24-hour odor and wetness protection.
- Did you know that dryness and inflammation can cause uncomfortable and unslightly razor bumps and nicks? Dove Ultimate Beauty Care deodorant is the most caring invisible solid formula made by Dove.
- Dr. Luftman's Shaving Secret: Women should wait to pick up the razor until the end of their shower because prolonged exposure to warm water and steam opens pores, resulting in less irritation and best of all - a closer shave.
It has been another successful, informative and relaxing Spa Week party. I encourage everyone to pamper themselves by indulging in at least one of their favorite spa treatments! I am definitely overdue to get a massage!
- Kim Weling
Fresh sauces from Flame Deal Events & Catering
Light Radiance PitiTini
Listen to my interview with renowned dermatologist Dr. Debra Luftman, as she worked with Dove Deodorant to create the perfect at-home spa treatment to care for your underarm skin.
Dr. Debra Luftman talks about what makes Dove Deodorant different from other deodorants on the market.