Mini cannolis from Spigolo
marcona almond streusel grape salad
crème fraîche panna cotta
- Spigolo's pumpkin cheesecake and goat's milk mascarpone mini cannolis
- The Sea Grill's vanilla Kahlua crème brûlée parfait with marcona almond streusel grape salad by Chef Michael Gabriel
- Tisserie's Kahlua 3-flavor fashion eclairs by Chefs Gustavo Agudelo & Juan Agudelo
- The Oak Room at The Plaza Hotel's pomegranate almond shortcake with Crème fraîche panna cotta by Chef Matthew O'Haver
- eater.com's contest winner Chef Jessica Mogardo's "candied apple" with rosemary, curry & maple.
This was surprisingly my ultimate favorite. I admit I sampled the "candied apple" at least 4 or 5 times. I loved the sweet & salty mixture.
I also loved desserts from Stanton Social, Telepan, Gotham Bar & Grill, Sweetiepie, Babycakes NYC and Park Avenue Autumn. With all the chocolate, pastries, cookies and brownies, I just wish there was more milk! One station was sampling shots of milk, but I definitely could have used a few glasses and I am not a milk drinker. I did enjoy minis martini from Absolut Vodka, champagne from Perrier-Jouët and drinks at the Kahlua bar. Guests even chose their favorite Godiva chocolates for free. If felt like I was at a Godiva retail store!
I didn't want the night to end since I was in sweets heaven, but I couldn't have possibly eaten anymore. I wonder what they do with all that leftover dessert. I really wish they would give people an empty box at check-in to fill up on favorite pastries!
- Kim Weling