Since I had to be at the office I was thankful that Michelle from LeHoarder was able to cover backstage beauty at Dennis Basso, with hair, nails and makeup by Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa.
The Hair Look:
2. Next, apply Kérastase Volumifique to hair to help add volume and then blow dry hair section by section using Olivia Garden’s 2 ½ inch Healthy Hair Boar Bristle Brush.
3. Then, loosely pull hair back into a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck.
4. Finish, by tying a colored elastic around the hair and leave it visible for a DIY feel.
The Makeup Look:
Red Door Spa’s Creative Makeup Lead, Makeup Artist Buffy Hernandez, created a timeless, natural look with luminous skin.
2. Then, apply a light coverage foundation to skin such as Elizabeth Arden’s Visible Difference BB Cream or Elizabeth Arden’s Flawless Finish Foundation. To help conceal dark circles and imperfections, apply Elizabeth Arden Correcting Highlighter for a brightening effect.
3. Apply Elizabeth Arden’s Sponge-On Cream Makeup underneath the cheek bones in a deeper tone to get a contoured look. For an added glow, use a sponge to apply Sunkissed Pearls Bronzer and Highlighter to highlight the cheek bones.
4. To create an illuminating glow above the cheek bones; mix together Elizabeth Arden’s Skin Illuminating Smooth and Brighten Emulsion with Elizabeth Arden’s Crystal Clear Lip Gloss and apply directly above the cheek, fading up and out.
5. Fill in eyebrows using Elizabeth Arden’s Beautiful Color Brow Shaper & Eye Liner for a dark and intense shape. Then, apply a clear brow gel in an upward motion to tame unruly hairs.
6. For eyes, first apply Elizabeth Arden’s Advanced Eye-Fix Primer and then lightly sweep a matte neutral eye shadow shade such as Elizabeth Arden’s Eye Shadow in Tempting Taupe across lids and to the bottom lash line.
7. Lastly, blot lips with a tissue and apply Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Translucent Powder to get a natural matte look.
The Nail Look:
Red Door Spa’s National Director for Nails, Adeline Sarino, buffed the nails leaving them clean and simple and used a dark nail color on toes to complement the rich textures of the collection. Using Essie’s Lady Godiva, follow the below steps to recreate the look at home.
2. Lightly buff the nails, then gently remove any loose cuticle.
3. For dry cuticles, apply CND Solar Oil for added hydration.
4. For toes, file nails into a rounded shape, and apply CND Cuticle Away.
5. Dehydrate the toe nail plates with acetone, which prevents polish from chipping.
6. Then apply 2 coats of Essie’s Lady Godiva.
7. Apply Essie’s Good2Go Top Coat to add shine.
Photos by Michelle Blashka, LeHoarder
- Kim Weling
Post a Comment