Isa Arfen Fall 2015 is inspired from Luigi Ghirri taken in the early 70s in Serafina's hometown of Ravenna, Italy. The mood is a mix between the natural, muted tones of the 70's and the rebellious, irreverent yet romantic teenage movements of the 90's - Vogue Italia.
Backstage at Isa Arfen, lead stylist for Macadamia Professional, Giannandrea, walked me through the hair look for the presentation, which was 90's Next Day Model Hair.
Step-by-Step 90's Next Day Model Hair:
1. Apply a dollop of Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer mostly at the roots.
2. Using hands and diffuser dry it side to side and upside down to increase volume.
3. Once dry, apply the Macadamia Volumizing Dry Shampoo to create extra volume and separation. Then use hands to pull hair back gently - not too tight - to maintain soft, natural look.
4. Pull into low pony at the nape of the neck and use a small brown elastic to hold it in place.
5. Leave soft and run Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream through the length of the pony to provide added texture and detail to the hair.
6. Place bobby pins in the same tone as your hair in an "X" pattern on the side with the most hair and add one bobby pin at the back to help keep hair in place.
7. Mist the Macadamia Control Working Spray to create a light hold.
- Kim Weling