Back in May, I had made my first trip to the new Sephora Studio experiential retail concept store in Hoboken. This new location opened on April 27th with an intimate format at 3,580 square feet and only the second of its kind (the first one launched last year in Boston, MA).
At the Sephora Studio, you can expect a carefully-curated assortment, expert store beauty advisors with the highest level of Sephora training and certification, and a variety of high-tech digital tools to enhance the shopping experience.
My first visit to Sephora Studio was during one of the opening events, focused on the monthly $10 beauty subscription box, PLAY! by Sephora. Since I was running late for the event, I was personally walked through the subscription box, and all the items featured for the month.
Now given that the studio is quite smaller than your local Sephora store, you might not find the entire product line from your favorite brand there. Definitely let the studio know what you would like to see there. They can always help you find a similar product that's available or help you place an order.
More Sephora Studios are expected to open across neighborhoods in the US this year, including Brooklyn, Los Angeles and Washington DC.
Here are some of the offerings you can expect to find at the Sephora Studio:
- NEW PERK Hydrating Facial at the Skincare Studio. A premium 2-in-1 facial service that utilizes PERK technology to exfoliate, hydrate and nourish skin for instant, glowing results. With the help of a Beauty Advisor, clients will experience a skincare consultation, receive a personalized skincare service and leave with customized product recommendations for healthier and more hydrated skin. This 30-minute facial is complimentary with a $75 minimum skincare product purchase. Clients can schedule an appointment in advance or just walk in.
- Apps on the iPhone 7 Plus Cast Device offer easy and convenient access to information:
o Digital Skincare Guide – sends a personalized skincare regimen after a skincare consultation or mini facial
o Beauty Studio Check-In – an online reservation tool to check in for services + classes
o Sephora Client App – Beauty Advisors can reference the app to quickly service clients, check Beauty Insider status and Sephora.com ratings and reviews on any product throughout the store
o Mobile Point of Sale—provides easy and convenient check-out in-store, in addition to a cash wrap
- Digital components throughout the store that make beauty personal:
o Digital screens located at the entrance that offer easy navigation and self-help
o Moisture Meter to measure the hydration level of the skin for personalized skincare consultations
o Color IQ for scientifically-precise foundation, lip and concealer shade matching
o Sephora Virtual Artist augmented technology that allows users to virtually try-on thousands of lipstick, cheek, concealer and false lash options using 3D imaging on the clients’ own face
o Online reservation iPads for check-in and appointment scheduling for services/classes
- Elevated service offerings at the Beauty Studio with eight seats and four sinks, including:
- 15 Minute Mini Makeovers + Facials
- 45 Minute Custom Makeovers
- 75 Minute Custom Makeover Plus
o Beauty Classes – take a group class with all your friends and learn the latest tips, tricks and techniques
o Studio Concierge – matches the client with the appropriate consultant based on beauty need
- Sephora’s innovative retail concept designed to Teach, Inspire, Play will extend to the Studio by encouraging clients to freely test and try products from a curated selection of brands across prestige cosmetics, skincare, hair care and fragrance
- Kim Weling
Post a Comment