I kicked off the Spring/Summer 2017 New York Fashion Week seasons backstage at Nicholas K at Skylight at Moynihan Station. Giannandrea for Macadamia Professional, Sarah Lucero for Stila Cosmetics, and Miss Pop for NCLA took me through hair, makeup and nail looks for the show.
Giannandrea created the horsetail for the show, applying extensions and creating a high ponytail. For Stila Cosmetics, Sarah created the Silver Mirage look with a silver metallic cat eye using Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Titanium and a neutral lip with Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Biscotti. Stay All Day Foundation, Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara, Stay All Day Bronzer, and Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color. Miss Pop put together a nail look of geological formations. Check out my interview below with all three of them.
I also discovered Chuda Healing Hydrating Cream by Dr. Elena Ocher, being used to prep the models. This multi-purpose cream can be used as a primer or moisturizer, and deeply hydrates and rapidly heals dry and damaged skin.
Here are steps to create the horsetail:
1. Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion throughout the lengths to smooth and protect hair from heat styling. Blow-dry large sections straight with a large round brush.
2. Brush all the hair upward to the top center of the crown. All the sides and back of the hair must direct very tightly to the top center.
3. Pull hair into a ponytail, smoothing all sides as needed and secure with a stronh hair elastic.
4. Take a medium sized section from the back bottom of the ponytail. Wrap the section around the base of the elastic and spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to help the hair stay in place. Create a tall, 3-inch thick band that covers the elastic. Use straight pins all around while wrapping and smoothing it in place.
5. Lightly spray the top of the head with Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray and gently run hands over the hair to smooth flyaways.
6. Brush the ponytail and spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist to achieve the ultimate finish and shine for a glamorous look.
- Kim Weling
Post a Comment