To kick-off The Makeup Show, I attended the blogger preview on May 14th at the Metropolitan Pavilion, as James Vincent, Director of Artist Relations and Education for The Makeup Show, took us through his must-have makeup picks and pro-makeup brands for 2011.
It's always exciting to get a sneak peak at new products, and sample them. Here's a list of James' favorites that we reviewed during the preview:
- Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner
- Crown Brush - Deluxe Foundation / Camouflage and Ultra Soft Kabuki brushes
- Dinair Airbrush Makeup
- Kevin Aucoin - The Eye Pencil Primatif - Basic White, The Precision Sharpener and The Prime Color Creme Eye Shadow
- Lit Cosmetics - Clearly Liquid Glitter Base, Glitter & Loose Color
- Make Up For Ever - Aqua Liner
- Mario Badescu - Summer Shine Body Lotion
- Mehron - Celebré Pro HD Make-Up
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Pure Pigment and Lip Tar
- Parian Spirit - Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner
- The Powder Group - Clear Brush Bag
- Ruby Kisses - Menthol Lip Salvation, 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer, Ultra Brilliant Duo Eyeshadow, HD Gel Liner, 24 Hr Eye Define, Big Lash Mascara, All Over Glow Bronzing Cream, All Over Glow Bronzing Powder and more
- Senna Cosmetics - Form-A-Brow® Kit
- Stila - Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
After the blogger preview I attended the "New York Groove, A Gallery of Makeup Art" party, also at the Metropolitan Pavilion. The pre-show fashion and networking event included top brands and celebrity makeup artists, with live demos of iconic looks, music and cocktails.
Make Up For Ever's Pro Artist Team, led be Creator & Artistic Director Danny Sanz created three different looks inspired by the concept of "New York Stage": a Ballerina, a Rockette and a Chorus Line Dancer. The models were manipulated like marionettes during the stage presentation.
Armour Beauty was inspired by "City of The Witch" by Theo and The Skyscrapers
DEX New York presented "Beauty in the Empire State of Mind", recreating the beauty of the New York skyline by painting with bold shades of DEX New York’s Harlem Nights Sapphire, The Cloisters Pearl, City Center Brass, Top of Rock Royal Blue and Radio City Yellow-Gold.
- Kim Weling
Post a Comment