Backstage at Zang Toi Fall/Winter 2017, Lead Stylist for Macadamia Professional, Eiji Yamane created the hair look for the show - a French Twist Chignon.
Here are step-by-step tips on how to create the French Twist Chignon:
- Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
- Create a central part and pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck - pulling tightly to ensure the top of the head is smooth and sleek.
- Separate ponytail into three sections and braid all the way through the length of the ponytail. Secure ends with an elastic.
- Fold new braid in half. After you tucked the braid up, pin it into place with the bobby pins.
- Using a hair extension matching the color of hair, take one section and clip it under the braid and curling up, create a large loop wrapping around to the right side of the braid. Secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat step 5 at the top section and middle section to create a loose, "crescent" chignon, ensuring the inside braid is completely covered.
- Spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
- Using a comb, gently smooth out all hair that is pulled back onr last time and apply Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream to tame any flyaways.
- To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine and luster.
To get flawless skin, models were prepped with skincare products by Pevonia. BeautybyRudy created the "Brilliant Royal Blue" eyeliner and rich berry lips with makeup by Ubati New York. Zang Toi also partnered with digital makeup app, Perfect365, where users could see the makeup looks as the models hit the runway.
Sundays, with their new 10-Free, Nontoxic nail polish collection, created the nail look for the show. The nail look was a matte black with a brilliant lacquered blue square designed by Zang himself.
- Kim Weling