Backstage at Rebecca Minkoff Spring/Summer 2016 at New York Fashion Week, skyn ICELAND founder Sarah Kugelman walked us through model prep and new product launches, including the new Arctic Face Oil. Sarah also walked me through new skyn ICELAND kits including a Winter Rehab Kit, which makes a great gift for the holiday season.
Hairstylist and spokesperson for TRESSemmé, Jeanie Syfu, walks us through the hair look for the show.
Michelle Saunders for essie created a "lucite sunset" nail look, inspired by the chunky lucite heels found throughout the Spring/Summer 2016 footwear collection. The pastel polish shades also perfectly complemented the color palette.
Get the "lucite sunset" look:
1. Apply first base coat to clean, filed nails
2. Next, trim a makeup sponge in half and use the side that's more narrow to create the ombre sunset.
3. From top to bottom, layer the sponge in thin, horizontal lines with tarte deco, marshmallow, beach bum blu and midnight cami.
4. Sponge ombre sunset pattern on each finger, making sure tarte deco is always at the base; colors will need to be reapplied to the sponge every other nail.
5. Then, apply one coat of spaghetti strap over each nail to "soften the sunset"
6. Finish with gel.setter top coat
- Kim Weling