I am way overdue for a spa weekend getaway! Even though I still need to finalize my plans, I'm all set with my travel essentials, including my Hastens Travel Pillow. I love how it has a reversible design that zips all the way around. It is filled with 100% duck down and doubles as a makeup bag for storing beauty products. You can sport the rugged blue check side and then reverse the pillow to expose the soft cotton and down interior to indulge in a luxurious nap. This travel pillow works for any type of travel, whether you're on a plane or a road trip. Since it matches perfectly with my bedding, I even use it at home for a power nap (it's definitely more comfortable than falling asleep on my laptop). The Hastens Travel Pillow retails for $110, comes in three colors and is available at Hastens stores nationwide. For more information visit hastens.com.
Here's a look at my top beauty essentials for fall that I'd pack in my travel pillow:
1) Skin&Co Roma Truffle Therapy Gommage Deep Exfoliating Face Exfoliator has a rich, luxe texture that leaves skin smooth, soft, moisturized and refreshed. It contains truffle extract, Shea Butter, Allantoin, Carrot extract and Tocopherols.
2) Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum contains youth-defending herbal extracts and firms, hydrates and revitalizes the skin while protecting it from environmental aggressors. I apply it under my moisturizer for a health, radiant glow.
3) L'Occitane Divine Cream really absorbs into the skin and moisturizes, and includes anti-aging properties. I love the scent of L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream, enriched with shea butter and lavender essential oil. I actually carry this in my bag everyday, so my hands stay soft and smooth all the time.
4) per-fekt skin perfection CC creme with broad spectrum SPF 30, eye perfection gel, skin perfection conceal and cheek perfection gel. The CC creme has a soft silky finish with a mousse-like texture. It hydrates, protects, color corrects, soothes and controls oil. The eye perfection gel smooths away the appearance of puffy, tired eyes while skin perfection conceal hides darkness, broken capillaries, sun damage, and blemishes. The cheek perfection gel leaves a hint of natural color, sculpting and highlighting cheekbones.
5) I am so happy I included these two products in my curated Birchbox at Birchbox Local during New York Fashion Week - Mally Beauty Age Rebel Eyeshadow in Smoky Quartz and Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo. Mally Beauty's shadow stick glides on smoothly and is easy to blend. Serge Normant's dry shampoo beats out any other ones I have tried. I use it to add some texture and volume to my hair, and this one doesn't leave a powdery residue.
- Kim Weling